Friday 11 April 2008

When birthdays feel like christmas

I have 3 friends with birthdays all falling on the same day - 11 April!
I thought it will be nice to give them a early birthday greeting call on the morning - thinking that they will be up and going at 8am (Spore time) and probably on the way to work... (the first 2 calls went smoothly but the 3rd one ended up being a wakeup call, oops!)

It was strange to say "Happy Birthday" 3 times in a row, and it was strange to ask "So what are your plans tonight?" thrice. My housemate (who couldn't help listening in my conversation) was chuckling and thought I went nuts repeating the same conversation 3 times.

It felt like Christmas "Oh Merry Xmas!! So what are you doing for Xmas? Where are you going for dinner? What presents did you get?" Same thread of enquiring for both birthdays and christmas!

Hmmm I suppose they are similar since both occasions are of a celebratory nature.

Happy Birthday Sf, Beth & Nuanda!
It's nice to have friends growing older together :)