Thursday 17 July 2008

Labels

*Like I said earlier, it's gonna be random blogging*
Just when I thought 18 months in Brisbane has cleansed and detoxed me from the designer world, this trip in Hong Kong tugged a little at my old self.

I cannot imagine how impossible it was not to be consumed by this couture-clad city.
Even the 50something “auntie” (who curiously looked like the hair salon auntie in Toa Payoh) in the washroom wore a pair of Giorgio Armani frames as staple wear.

The Landmark at Central Station was oozing with multi-leveled designer boutiques namely Celine, Dior, Harvey Nichols, the newly overhauled Louis Vuitton, Jimmy Choo which I daringly tried on a pair of SGD800 slip-ons and possibly any other obscure labels you can/cannot think of!

I suddenly felt like I needed to spend my next paycheck (which will sadly be another 2 months later) on a pink Bottega Veneta phone purse and a pair of Ferragamo shoes. Even the usually auntie-looking Chanel bag looked so funky and classy when young hip working adults carried them.

Alrighty! Let's start slow... maybe start with a basic Coach handbag first?