Thursday 11 December 2008

Long time no see

I have decided to attempt getting over my emotional rut and catch up with old friends, especially those working in the vicinity.

Met an ex-colleague whom I haven't seen or spoke to for nearly two years now and although we could only lunch for one precious hour, it was a nice and heartwarming 60mins.
It felt surreal to see someone after such a long time. I told him I felt as if I just found my long-lost brother (I don't have a brother though, nor lost any relatives??!) and couldn't help repeating "it's so nice to see you again, and I miss talking to you!".

It was just nice catching up and talk about old times though many things have changed too. He is now married, just got promoted in his job and lifestyle has somewhat changed. All these aside, things felt exactly the same. I suppose at this age, friendship and a sense of familarity matters more than ever.