Monday 15 December 2008

This time, 20 years ago at Jurong Bird Park


I must have been here watching the flamingos before... well at least 20 years ago. To me, Jurong Bird Park is located at one of the most ulu places in Singapore, this is even when I was staying in the west of Singapore long time ago.
That's why I only went one other time in my entire life.

It's quite a pretty sight, with lots of green and chirping sounds (the squawking of the parrots irked me though!!). The daily performance "Birds of Prey" was fun to watch too. There was a good 5 mins where the vultures and eagles were diving down at the audience members. Very intimidating! I told my friends that's definitely NOT part of the show - the birds have run amok! I really thought so, and wonder why my friends rolled their eyes at me for that?!


My favourite and coolest part of the bird park has got to be the penguins "cave". The penguins look so cute (and silly and helpless)with their flaps. They can't fly of course, but sure are made for the water!
Penguins are groupies though. You start to notice they don't stand alone and are always in a clique.

And finally, that's us!