Tuesday 16 October 2007

I miss cai dao kuey!

I miss having "dng3 nang2" carrot cake for breakfast!
Yeah, ang mo carrot cake is not too bad for a tea break but nothing gets better than heartland kopi tiam fare especially when it comes to breakfast.

I am running out of ideas what to fill a sandwich with - eggs, tuna, ham, bacon, ham & egg, tuna & mushroom, bacon & egg blah blah. I must have exhausted close to 100% of "sandwich filling" permutations.

Super sian to have lohti and cereal for breakfast every morning... it doesn't super boost me for the day!

I will do anything for a plate of cai dao kuey (with more black sauce) and a bit of hiam complete with teh si siu dai.

For the benefit of those who dun understand the jargon here:
Cai dao kuey - Asian and savoury version of carrot cake. Regular fare for breakfast.
Teh si siu dai - Asian version of tea with evaporated milk and less sugar.
Hiam - Chilli
Lohti - Bread
Kopi tiam - Coffeeshop