Wednesday 21 November 2007

Overeating!

We went crazy one day to satisfy some major craving.
Sunnybank is the suburb in Brisbane where Asians are plenty plentiful! Serious Chinese grocery shopping goes on in Sunnybank... And that is also where The Singapore Restaurant is. The owners aren't Singaporeans though... I didn't get to finding out where they are from.

I have only been to this area twice coz it's really far from where I live... at least a 45 mins journey by bus.

Now back to "we were crazy", it started with my craving for nasi lemak... This was really decent. The beef rendang reminded me of what you can get in Malaysia, which also means it probably taste better than the nasi lemak in Singapore.


And then it went on to chicken rice... this was my friend's main course. I took a bite and thought the rice was fragrant and could certainly match the authentic chix rice back home. Chilli was a let down though!


And to a side dish of ngoh hiang, sambal kangkong... The ngoh hiang was awesome! As for the kangkong, by the time we got to it, we were on the verge of breaking point!


And we just couldn't resist adding on another side dish of roti prata! Breakpoint - we had to stop! Did take a bite of the prata dipped in curry... it was nice. Well it had better be nice coz it costs AUD10 like all the rest of the other dishes!!! Forget the Jalan Kayu SG1 prata!


And there were just the three of us!

My partner in crime, Winnie! The other party has chosen to remain anoynomous - haha!
The binge continued at Just Soy Cafe (which I wrote about earlier)!

State of mind at the end of the evening: Content and major guilt!

Well, this is why I signed up with the school gym and have been walking home religiously from the city twice a week. This had better darn work