Sunday 6 January 2008

More on Sydney... despite feeling a little hot and bothered by the burning Sydney sun and not-as-friendly locals, I squeezed in a couple of touristy attractions.

The Harbour Bridge left quite an impression and I liked it that I could see both the Bridge and the Sydney Opera House just by standing at The Rocks, an area where weekend markets are aplenty. I haven't tried walking on the Harbour Bridge, but would probably try that on a second trip with friends. And neither did I sign up for an inside tour of the Sydney Opera House coz it costs AUD32!

In the centre of the strip photo is Darling Harbour. Another kerfuffle of cafes, eating joints, and people just looking out at the waters. Think Vivo City...

I had wanted to catch the fireworks at Darling Harbour by booking a place for dinner for NYE, BUT the menu prices put me off. It would cost AUD189 for a 4-course dinner!
I opted for cost free venues instead.

Remember I said Sydney reminded me of Chinatown in KL etc...? This is why... This is part of Sydney's Chinatown.