Saturday 9 August 2008

Live from Wukesong Day 1 Part 1

It's Day 1 of the Olympics and the basketball season has kicked off and so has my night shift (4.30pm - 12.30am).
Basketball is the most popular game in China and the stadium was in a state of delirium this afternoon when China emerged victory over Spain.

The atmosphere was amazing... the stadium was styled in NBA fashion where cheerleaders came out during timeouts to lead the crowd in cheering and applause.

The USA women's team is playing right now (agst Czech) and apparently Bush is in the stadium.
So that's kind of cool... I can say for once in my life that Bush is in the vicinity. :P

There was a little commotion in my work area, where a journalist was upset about a miscommunication that resulted in a delay for his story. Being one of the rare English speaking pple around, I had to intervene and was glad that things turned out alright in the end.

Anyhow, I am waiting for the game to end and then we will have to handle the group of American journalists.

Wish me luck!