Thursday 21 August 2008

Pin Slut!

Okay, whilst the rest of the world athletes fight it out for the medals, there is another underground "medal" tally going on with the staff, journalists and volunteers - The Pin Tally!

We were told to bring along some pins from our home countries for exchange. I simply ignored this very useful advice and brought nothing with me. Pins are hot collectibles and after shrugging off pins for the first 3 days, I couldn't resist anymore. I became a pin slut!

So it was endless begging, pleasing, committment to little favours and chatting up sessions all for the sake of that ONE pin. The number of pins on one's lanyard seemed to suggest how sociable and popular that person was. I was a late-bloomer and so booked my spot at the bottom of the pin tally.

Still a couple more days to go, let's see how I can catch up!