Tuesday 25 December 2007

Merry Christmas all!

There's an annual pinnacle in my life - Year end festivities namely Christmas and New Year. This is when I start doing my life accounting, summing up what was done for the year and stuff I experienced.

It's a tradition for me. It used to be a mere habit but as years pile on, it became an addict, and ritual. I am proud of it, coz so many years down the road, I am really glad I am still thinking and that emo muscle in me is still flexing!

I am back to Square One this year.

I used to spend Christmases alone in secondary school. It was simple diary writing and chatting on the phone through xmas hours.
In uni, it became annual Xmas eve parties with friends for a good 8-10 years (Gasp, has it been almost a decade already!?). This too became a tradition which I know we all hold dearly in our hearts despite struggling sometimes to get people enthusiastic and efforts to think of new themes, new food, new venues!

Now I am back to spending a peaceful eve alone, thinking aloud via blogging. It's also the first time in many years that I am not frantically running around in the afternoon wrapping up presents and writing heartfelt christmas greetings (i really do try!).

I am really glad to have a chance to spend a silent evening because this reminds me to count my blessings, a virtue which I lack very very badly in. And I know, I will treasure my xmas eves and friends even more now, and I certainly look forward to frantic shopping, wrapping and running around.

Oh and Merry Christmas all! It's officially 12am in Melbourne now!