Monday 13 August 2007

God Save the Queen

I went for my first court hearing today, to listen in and to get material to write a court story due next Friday.

It was an experience yet again becoz I have never been inside a court room, let alone actually sit for 2 hours and listen intently and scribbling all at the same time.

Queensland runs on a jury system like some major powers in the world. I got to witness the jury selection process and the oath swearing process which ends with "God Save the Queen"

I spoke to a friend studying law in the state of Victoria and apparently they don't say that anymore. Hmmm... someone enlighten me on the legal system in Singapore. *just briefly pls... no blabber blabber :P*

I did manage to get what I want so it's just down to the writing bit *AARGGHH + whinge*

It's just a great pity there is no similarity at all to The Practice and Ally McBeal... which is way too frivolous a representation of reality. *I hear nuanda nodding and screaming "I told you so!!!"*

The sentence is not passed yet... so I am liable to stay mum about the case details.

God Save the Queen...