Tuesday 28 August 2007

My Footy Match Debut

SUNCORP STADIUM ---
Home of the Broncos & venue for my first footy live match! It was the last game for the Broncos this season & the stadium was filled, mostly with Broncos' maroon team colour of coz! Broncos was playing Raiders from Canberra. They say no Aussie experience is complete without having watched a live match - so this is induction to be Aussie-sized!


My secondary sch class used to watch the Malaysia Cup at National Stadium, except this is a different ball game altogether. Plus no large triangular large curry puffs & nasi lemak. It's beer, chips & massive burgers here!

I came to the match without knowing how the rules work... they have two different leagues here - the NRL (National Rugby League) and AFL (Australian Football League).
I only know NRL players are bigger sized and the touchdown gets you 4 points. AFL players are smaller built and they score by kicking through the 2 standing poles. That's about all I know and need to know to skim through this Broncos game.:)

The atmosphere was darn cool - check out the blimp! They had the thingy circulating round the stadium before the game started.

And to get me a little more involved emotionally in the game, I placed a teeny weeny "hope" for the Broncos to win and hopefully to pay for my dinner. Thank goodness they won and I got my dinner expenses covered... :D

Oh did I forget to mention they provided free shuttle buses from the city to the stadium, includes the return trip as well?!

Final Score: Broncos 30 bt Raiders 19
No. of pax in stadium: 31,000