Sunday 12 August 2007

National Day Parade - I got to watch a little too!

I was supposed to put this up 2 days ago but my lack of technical inclination failed me badly. I am hopeless at Photoshop! So no collages for now... just the photos straight up!

Moving right on... I got to watch NDP 2007 away from home! The students' association here organised a gathering for some Singaporean fare (Beehoon and Chix wing) and a live webcast of the parade. I had no idea there are over 200 students in Brisbane! That's quite a crowd... AND they are all young little things (which is terribly disturbing to me being a member of the Trio Club)
I didn't stay long, just enough to watch the politicians take their seats. To me, that has always been the best bit coz it's interesting to see the seating arrangements of the politicians. Plus it's a mini test for me to see if I know "Who's Who"...
It is a strange feeling though to watch the NDP from a foreign land. I bet over 60% of the crowd at that gathering never really gave a damn about the parade back home in Singapore.

Kudos to the NDP stage set at The Esplanade Bay - it looks fantastic!